SOLVANG, CA // NOVEMBER 9, 2019
- Event Date: November 9, 2019
- Start/Finish: Solvang Park in Solvang, California
- Rides: 100mi, 68mi, 48mi, or 35mi
- Start Time: All Rides Start 8:00 AM
- Timed KOM/QOM segment up Figueroa Mountain
- Timed King/Queen of the Cobbles segment
- Technical Support from Shimano
- Fully Stocked Aid Stations
- Juniors Ride Free (18 years old and under): email email@example.com to get your entry
- Free Kids Race at 9:00am on Saturday November 9th
- Benefits Los PadresForestWatch non-profit
- Bike Rentals: Use coupon code FIGFONDO for 10% off bike rentals from Dr. J’s Bike Shop
- View Rules and Regulations
- View Cancellation Policy
- View 2019 Results
FOOD & AFTER PARTY
- Join us for a delicious lunch from local Solvang restaurants, beer from Figueroa Mountain Brewery and local wines.
- Live Music
- Awards: KOM/QOM Awards
LUCAS OIL PEDAL PARTY EXPO
- Join us from 2pm-8pm Friday November 8th at Solvang Park for packet pickup and the Lucas Oil Pedal Party Expo
- Wood fired pizza for purchase from Cecco Ristorante
- Beer for purchase from Figueroa Mountain Brewing
- Live Music
- Legend Athlete interviews
- Join free climbing & descending clinic from 2:30pm-4:30pm on Friday at Solvang Park (RSVP required)
Fig Fondo Ride Guide
DOWNLOAD 2019 RIDE GUIDE
CTS Coach Led Pace Groups
Whether you are trying to set a course record or just enjoy the many views of the Fig Fondo we have a CTS Coach lead pace group for you. Ride Figueroa Mountain at your own pace and jump into a pace group for the rest of the ride. All pace groups start from Aid Station #3 at Fig Mtn Brew Los Olivos (mile 36.7) following the descent of Figueroa Mountain.
The CTS Coaches will control the pace of the group to ensure finishing as close as possible to the projected finish time. Find yourself in a group moving way too fast for you? Sit up, take a breather and wait for the next group to catch you. Feeling way too strong for your group? Attack! Go for it! Try to reach the next group on the road.
All pace groups are based on total finishing time and each group departs the Fig Mtn Brew aid station based on that time.
5:30 Hr Finish Time - Departs: 10:20 am
6:00 Hr Finish Time - Departs: 10:35 am
6:30 Hr Finish Time - Departs: 10:50 am
7:00 Hr Finish Time - Departs: 11:05 am
7:30 Hr Finish Time - Departs: 11:20 am
8:00 Hr Finish Time - Departs: 11:35 am
In 2010, Abbott became the first U.S. cyclist ever to win the Giro Donne, one of the Grand Tours of women’s bicycle racing. Abbott retired after the 2016 Olympic Games road race after finishing a heartbreaking 4th place.
Professional cyclist for the Cylance Pro Cycling Team. Tetrick set a new course record during the 2017 Dirty Kanza 200.
Busche completed three grand tours as a UCI professional cyclist and won the US Pro National Championship twice.
TEAM 7-ELEVEN FORMER PROS
Free Climbing & Descending Clinic
Join us the day before the Fig Fondo on Friday November 8th for a free climbing and descending clinic. Get kitted up and bring your bike to get tips from professional CTS Coaches that will give you the confidence and skills to conquer Figueroa Mountain and enjoy its long and technical descent.
When: Friday November 8, 2019
Where: Solvang Park
Clinic Spots Are FullThe clinic is free, however, your RSVP is required
*This is a 101 level clinic and all abilities are welcome. Bring your bike and all cycling supplies. Helmets required. Bike rentals available at Dr J's bike shop in Solvang if needed.