Want to work in a dynamic and supportive environment that encourages exercise and healthy living? Then Carmichael Training Systems might be the place for you. We work hard, but we make time to play just as hard. And as a company committed to helping people live balanced, healthy, and active lives, we make sure we practice what we preach.
Current Job Openings
Job Title: Athlete Services Representative
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Status: Part-Time 20 hours/week; potential for full-time in the future
Overview of Responsibilities:
Thousands of endurance athletes depend on CTS every year, and we’re grateful for the opportunity to deliver the highest-quality coaching and training services in the industry. We’re currently looking for an Athlete Services Representative who is passionate about endurance sports, and who can connect with and engage with our athletes, vendors and partners.
This is a dynamic role that will require you to wear many different hats and learn new skills on a regular basis. We’re a well-established company, but a relatively small team that runs like a startup. As such, sometimes it will feel like “We’re riding a bike as we’re building it.” We’re looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and looks for ways to improve and streamline processes.
As the Athlete Services Representative, your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Establish meaningful relationships with athletes over the phone and via email to help them find the best coach, coaching package, camp, or other training services for them.
- Answer athlete questions via email that are sent to the Athlete Services email box and schedule a phone call with them or point them toward a link to sign up online for camps and coaching.
- Provide phone coverage for in and outbound sales in the absence of the Athlete Services Director by managing the Athlete Services email box and answering phone calls.
- Quickly responding to email and phone messages is imperative.
- Manage athlete coaching and camp accounts including billing, account holds, and renewal
- You can effortlessly connect with people over the phone and have sales and/or customer service experience.
- You have sharpened your writing skills and continually work to improve. You should be able to effectively write an informative and persuasive email to a new athlete.
- You understand the importance of accuracy and attention to detail
- When given a task, you find a way to get it done, whether or not it requires a Google search to learn a new skill or asking team members questions. Asking questions is very important!
- Customer service
- Athletic background
- Google Suite
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Answer this question in the body of your email: What experience do you have personally or professionally with endurance sports like cycling, running, triathlon, etc.?
- In the email subject line write "Athlete Services Representative - Your Full Name"
- No need to submit a cover letter.
- Please only submit an application via email - no phone calls/in-person.