Want to work in a dynamic and supportive environment that encourages exercise and healthy living? Then Carmichael Training Systems might be the place for you. We work hard, but we make time to play just as hard. And as a company committed to helping people live balanced, healthy, and active lives, we make sure we practice what we preach.
Current Job Openings
Job Title: Accounting & Operations Manager
Company: Carmichael Training Systems (CTS)
Reports to: CEO
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Start Date: March
Thousands of endurance athletes depend on CTS every year, and we’re grateful for the opportunity to deliver the highest-quality coaching and training services in the industry. We’re currently looking for an Accounting & Operations Manager to fill an important role in managing CTS finance and HR operations.
This is a dynamic role that will require you to wear many different hats and take initiative in progressing the operations of the company. We’re a well-established company, but a relatively small team that runs like a startup. As such, sometimes it will feel like “We’re riding a bike as we’re building it.” We’re looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and looks for ways to improve and streamline processes.
General duties may include but will not be limited to:
- Prepare financial statements and analysis for the whole of the company
- Manage and supervise accounting department employees; responsible for day-to-day supervision and leadership
- Maintain and oversee all accounting procedures and processes
- Follow and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Record and research all financial information for analysis
- Produce budget reports, preparation of budgets, and analysis of budgets
- Document and interpret complicated financial information
- Advise on procedure and financial management as well as developing policies
- Oversee financial reports for stockholders, taxes, regulatory agencies, and other financial groups relating to company finance
- Audit accounting and finance departments
- Forecast and plans according to fiscal needs
- Manage payroll and independent contractor payments
- Updates employee job requirements when needed
- Contacts applicants’ references and performs background checks required by the company
- Organizes and manages new employee orientation, onboarding, and training programs
- Explains and provides information on employee benefits, programs, and education. May also advise on benefit needs or evaluate benefit contract bids
- Covers all legal compliance for federal and state human resource requirements
- Maintains employee records and paperwork
- Maintains company insurance policies
- Manage company contracts
- Order office supplies when necessary
- 5+ years relevant experience
- B.A. or B.S. preferred
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online or similar accounting software
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Computer skills: Excel, Word
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Willingness and aptitude for developing a working familiarity with the range of services offered by the company.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced growing company.
- Full-time position in Colorado Springs Corporate office. 40 hours per week. No relocation expenses will not be provided.
- Salary commensurate with experience – $50,000-$65,000
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k plan
- Paid Time Off (14 days per year, accrues monthly)
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Job Title: CTS Expert Coach
Reports To: Regional Center General Manager
Location: Santa Ynez, CA
Carmichael Training Systems is hiring for an entry level endurance coach to work full time at their Santa Ynez, CA center. The right candidate will possess strong organization and communication skills. He/she will be responsible for coaching a variety of endurance athletes from the weekend warrior to the elite utilizing phone, internet, downloadable training devices and e-mail communication. Our coaches are arranged in various coaching PODs where more senior coaches are teamed up with junior coaches to facilitate free knowledge flow and mentorship opportunities.
- Monitoring and developing training programs according to the CTS training methodology.
- Providing written and verbal feedback to athletes regarding all aspects of training.
- Delivering face-to-face coaching to athletes during individual or group training camps.
- Performing physiological testing on athletes, including lactate threshold testing and VO2 max testing.
- Attending events/races as a representative of the company.
- Giving informative lectures and presentations to the local community.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Exercise Science or equivalent field of study.
- Extensive first-hand experience as an endurance athlete (preferably in cycling or triathlon).
- If already coaching, provide documented history of athletes’ long-term development and success (2 years minimum).
- Possess, or be in the process of obtaining, a National Governing body (NGB) coaching license: USA Cycling, USA Triathlon, USA Swimming, USA Track and Field, etc.
- Possess, or be in the process of obtaining, additional licenses or certifications: ACE, ACSM, NATA, NSCA, etc.
This is a full time position. Compensation is dependent upon experience.
In order to apply for the position, please submit a resume, cover letter and any relative athletic or coaching experience to-
General Manager, CTS-Santa Ynez
Our interview process for new hires consists of three steps-
- Resume and background based screen
- Telephone or in-person interview
- The CTS Coaching College
The CTS Coaching College will be held in Santa Ynez, CA in the spring of 2018. If you make it to this step, congratulations! The coaching college is a 2 day intensive seminar designed to test your coaching knowledge, skills and communication ability. Only the best out of the Coaching College will eventually be chosen to be CTS coaches.
Travel and related expenses for the coaching college are the responsibility of each applicant. There is no charge for the college itself.
Coaching Intern Program Information
CTS is recruiting qualified applicants with a passion for coaching, endurance sports and helping people achieve their goals. Individuals with the desire to gain real work experience are encouraged to review the requirements for the CTS Intern Program.
The Intern Program is a 3-6 month un-paid internship working in one of the CTS centers including CTS Tucson and the CTS Headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO. Individuals who successfully complete the program gain valuable work related experience in the health and fitness industry and have opportunity to be hired on as a full time expert level coach.
During the Internship, our Interns learn the science-based CTS coaching methodology and apply these methods while working directly with CTS members. Continuing education, mentoring, and supervision is provided throughout the program. CTS strives to maintain a professional, challenging, high-paced, cooperative and fun working environment at all times. The curriculum focuses on topics pertaining to the practical application of the science behind improving fitness, health, and athletic performance. Resident Coaches are required to attend and participate in presentations by the Senior and Premier staff, round table discussions, research projects, Webinars and CTS Training Camps as well as Endurance Sports Club programming.
Responsibilities of an Intern include assisting senior coaching faculty with research projects, fitness program design and implementation, assisting with group camps and helping to maintain equipment in the Endurance Sports Club.
• Possess a desire to pursue coaching as a future career path.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or current Senior) in Exercise Science or a related field. Relevant coursework should include Basic Anatomy and Physiology, Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, and Nutrition (sports nutrition).
• A basic knowledge of exercise testing and prescription and periodization training.
• This is a un-paid position.
• Interns in the program must work in our corporate headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado or our facility in Tucson, Arizona.
• Interns are expected to work 25 hours per week and participate in training camps as scheduled.
• The Internship length is a 3-6 months in duration.
Residency Program Manager
Carmichael Training Systems
6365 Corporate Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
(Fax # 719.389.0669)