Since Chris is currently racing the Trans Andes Challenge mountain bike stage race in the Patagonia region of Chile, we commandeered his weekly blog and curated a selection of articles that are timely or among the most popular on trainright.com. And stay tuned next week for our 2014 Superbowl Trainer Workout, a workout basically modeled on a drinking game, where your intensities will be based on what's happening in the game!
The report from Chile is that Team CTS is having some great performances at Trans Andes. Chris and his partner, Scott Rake, have won two stages and are in second overall in the 100+ Duo Men category. CTS Athlete Rebecca Rusch is leading the Elite Women’s race, and Kirk Nordgren and Angie Rake are in second place in the 60+ Mixed team category. Due to bad rain and flooding, the middle stages of the race were modified and results have been a bit hard to discern, but we’ll have more details from this Endurance Bucket List event soon!
Your weekend reading material:
Winter Strength Training for Cyclists: Putting strength training into perspective for cyclists, and providing three key exercises you should include. https://trainright.com/winter-strength-training-for-cyclists/
Burning Away That Winter Weight: A lot of people are trying to get lean right now, so CTS Premier Coach Renee Eastman answers one of the most frequently asked questions. https://trainright.com/burning-away-that-winter-weight/
Coming Back from a Stomach Bug: Treatment for Gastroenteritis: This article has been getting a lot of attention recently, so maybe there’s something going around. Even if you’re healthy now, there’s a good chance a stomach bug will hit you at a pretty inopportune time (is there a good time for one?). Jim Rutberg provides the coaches’ point of view on how to get back to training or recover in time to get to the start line of your goal event. https://trainright.com/coming-back-from-a-stomach-bug-gastroenteritis-treatment-for-athletes/
Benefits of High-Gear, Low-Cadence Cycling in Flat Triathlons: This is another article that’s been pretty popular on trainright.com recently. CTS Premier Coach Nick White explains why riding a bigger hear can be a good cycling strategy for flat triathlons, especially flat Ironman triathlons.
- Raceweight Weight Loss Program Free with Select Coaching Signup: Choose Raceweight or another CTS Nutrition Service when you sign up for Select Coaching in January.
- Power Meters: Before you buy a power meter, call CTS at 719-635-0645 or 866-355-0645. We have incredible pricing on SRM, Powertap and more.
- CTS Spring Training Camps: Tired of the cold yet? Escape to Arizona, North Carolina, or Southern California for a great week of riding and instruction from CTS Coaches!
- Tour of California Race Experience: You’ve heard about it, thought about it, now’s the time to secure your spot on Team CTS!
- Dirty Kanza 200: Team CTS for the 2014 Dirty Kanza 200 is growing, and we want to help you thrive in this unique event. Get a guaranteed entry and race-weekend support from CTS.
- Train Right Video Downloads: More than 20 indoor cycling workouts available as video downloads for just $9.99 each. Great workouts with a purpose, not just hard for the sake of being hard.
Have a Great Weekend!