Normatec PULSE Leg Recovery System $1595
The PULSE Leg Recovery System is our most popular and most essential package for athletes at all levels. It comes with everything you need to get started. No matter what your sport, your power probably comes from your legs, so keeping them fresh is essential for victory. Having a total package weight of just 11.5 lbs means that you can take this package with you and recover anywhere.
- NormaTec PULSE control unit, hosing, power supply, two leg attachments, and microfiber bag
- Rechargable battery for up to 2 hours of use
- Two year warranty on the control unit and a one year warranty on all other system components. See our return policy and warranty page for complete details.
- World voltage capable external 12V power supply
- Rugged construction of all components makes for easy travel
- Low maintenance – simply wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Attachments are made with durable, lightweight, high-quality nylon
- Control Unit is light (weighs just 3.6 lbs) and fits in your hand (9” H x 5” W x 4” D)
The science behind Normatec Recovery
Sequential Pulse Technology is based on normal physiology, and it synergistically combines three distinctive massage techniques to speed the body’s normal recovery process.
1) Pulsing: Instead of using static compression (squeezing) to transport fluid out of the limbs, Sequential Pulse Technology uses dynamic compression (pulsing). The patented pulsing action more effectively mimics the muscle pump of the legs and arms, greatly enhancing the movement of fluid and metabolites out of the limbs after an intense workout.
2) Gradients: Veins and lymphatic vessels have one-way valves that prevent backflow of fluid. Similarly, Sequential Pulse Technology utilizes gradient hold pressures to keep your body’s fluids from being forced down toward your feet by the pulsing action in proximal zones. Because of this enhancement, Sequential Pulse Technology can deliver maximum pressure throughout the entire limb and the effectiveness of the pulsing action is not diminished near the top of the limb.
3) Distal release: Because extended static pressure can be detrimental to the body’s normal circulatory flow, Sequential Pulse Technology releases the hold pressures once they are no longer needed to prevent backflow. By releasing the hold pressure in each zone as soon as possible, each portion of the limb gains maximal rest time without a significant pause between compression cycles.
While a healthy athlete’s body eventually will recover from an intense workout, using the Sequential Pulse Technology found only in a NormaTec Recovery System for just 20 minutes can speed recovery.