Ride the Tour du Mont Blanc and Some of the Most Iconic Tour de France Mountain Passes Around Annecy
July 12-20, 2017
The Alps have been the backdrop for some of the most scenic and exciting stages of the Tour de France, and now you can experience those same iconic routes during our Tour du Mont Blanc and Annecy Camp. Over the course of the nine-day camp, we’ll tackle over 200 miles and 26,000 feet of climbing during the Tour du Mont Blanc Gran Fondo then make our way to the charming Imperial Palace Hotel right on the crystal clear Lake Annecy. We’ll spend three days in Annecy exploring some of the greatest mountain passes from the Tour de France, enjoying the local cuisine, and relaxing in the “Pearl of the French Alps.”
Day 1: We’ll meet you at the Geneva airport and shuttle about 75 minutes to our hotel perched over the Val dÂrly with a stunning view of the Aravis chain of mountains. We’ll build up the bikes and if time permits get out for a short ride before having dinner at the hotel in a warm mountain chalet.
Day 2: Thursday get out and ride, tune bikes, relax
Day 3: Friday morning ride, hearty lunch, register for Tour du Mont Blanc ride
Day 4 : Saturday Tour du Mont Blanc
A super early start to the day. We’ll have two vehicles on the course supporting the athletes with clothing, nutrition and hydration.
Day 5: Sunday is the day to be lazy as our only activity is to transfer from our mountain location down to the shores of Lake Annecy. A 90-minute drive with lunch along the lake upon arrival. A massage and perhaps a short spin are afternoon options.
Days 6 – 8: Over these three days the group will ride some of the most iconic passes that have been included in the Tour de France around Annecy, such as Col de Galibier and Alpe d’Huez.
Day 9: Thursday after a breakfast as grand as your surroundings, it’s into our air-conditioned vans for the 45-minute shuttle back to Geneva airport where we’ll say ‘au revoir’… but not goodbye!
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks during rides
- Welcome drink
- Culture document with information about Annecy, the lake, riding in France plus some helpful information about being in France
- 45 minute massage/rider/day* after each ride, (*days 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8)
- Support during Tour Mont Blanc Gran Fondo
- Ride captain plus sag wagon on each ride
- Professional mechanic
- Daily bike tuning and cleaning
- Single occupancy lodging
- All ground transportation
- Train or air transportation to Geneva,
- Bike for each participant – rentals available $360 for the camp
- Travel or personal insurance
- After ride drinks
- Wine and drinks during meals
- Communication with riders regarding travel arrangements
- Hotel charges: minibar, phone, drinks at bar
Videos & Photos
Date: July 12-20, 2017
New Athlete Application:Apply Now
Bucket List Qualified Athletes:Sign Up Now Ask a Question
The city of Annecy is the perfect home base for cycling in the Alps. Not only is it a beautiful city, it's surrounded by incredible roads that twist and turn as they climb to stunning vistas and then plunge back into the valleys.