Expert Coach – Tucson, AZ
Job Title: CTS Expert Coach
Classification: Full Time
Reports To: Regional Center General Manager
Location: Tucson, AZ
Carmichael Training Systems is hiring for an entry level endurance coach to work full time at their Tucson, AZ center. The right candidate will possess strong organization and communication skills. He/she will be responsible for coaching a variety of endurance athletes from the weekend warrior to the elite utilizing phone, internet, downloadable training devices and e-mail communication. Our coaches are arranged in various coaching PODs where more senior coaches are teamed up with junior coaches to facilitate free knowledge flow and mentorship opportunities.
- Monitoring and developing training programs according to the CTS training methodology.
- Providing written and verbal feedback to athletes regarding all aspects of training.
- Delivering “hands on” coaching to athletes at one-on-one or group training camps.
- Performing physiological testing on athletes, including lactate threshold testing and VO2 max testing.
- Attending events/races as a representative of the company.
- Giving informative lectures and presentations to the local community.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Exercise Science or equivalent field of study.
- Extensive first-hand experience as an endurance athlete (preferably in cycling, triathlon, or running).
- If already coaching, provide documented history of athletes’ long-term development and success (2 years minimum).
- Possess, or be in the process of obtaining, a National Governing body (NGB) coaching license: USA Cycling, USA Triathlon, USA Swimming, USA Track and Field, etc.
- Possess, or be in the process of obtaining, additional licenses or certifications: ACE, ACSM, NATA, NSCA, etc.
- Ability to train at the Colorado Springs center for initial 8 weeks.
- Bilingual/ Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
This is a full time position. Compensation is dependent upon experience.
In order to apply for the position, please submit a resume, cover letter and any relevant athletic or coaching experience to:
General Manager, Carmichael Training Systems Inc.
Our interview process for new hires consists of three steps-
- Resume and background based screen
- Telephone or in-person interview
- The CTS Coaching College
The CTS Coaching College will be held in Colorado Springs, CO from June 10 through June 12, 2015. If you make it to this step, congratulations! The coaching college is a 3 day intensive seminar designed to test your coaching knowledge, skills and communication ability. Only the best out of the Coaching College will eventually be chosen to be CTS coaches.
Travel and related expenses for the coaching college are the responsibility of each applicant. Should an applicant be chosen as a full-time coach, a relocation stipend will be issued to help off-set the costs related to the college. There is no charge for the college itself.
CTS is recruiting qualified applicants with a passion for coaching, endurance sports and helping people achieve their goals. Individuals with the desire to gain real work experience are encouraged to review the requirements for the CTS Intern Program.
The Intern Program is a 3-6 month un-paid internship working in one of the CTS centers including CTS Tucson and the CTS Headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO. Individuals who successfully complete the program gain valuable work related experience in the health and fitness industry and have opportunity to be hired on as a full time expert level coach.
During the Internship, our Interns learn the science-based CTS coaching methodology and apply these methods while working directly with CTS members. Continuing education, mentoring, and supervision is provided throughout the program. CTS strives to maintain a professional, challenging, high-paced, cooperative and fun working environment at all times. The curriculum focuses on topics pertaining to the practical application of the science behind improving fitness, health, and athletic performance. Resident Coaches are required to attend and participate in presentations by the Senior and Premier staff, round table discussions, research projects, Webinars and CTS Training Camps as well as Endurance Sports Club programming.
Responsibilities of an Intern include assisting senior coaching faculty with research projects, fitness program design and implementation, assisting with group camps and helping to maintain equipment in the Endurance Sports Club.
• Possess a desire to pursue coaching as a future career path.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or current Senior) in Exercise Science or a related field. Relevant coursework should include Basic Anatomy and Physiology, Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, and Nutrition (sports nutrition).
• A basic knowledge of exercise testing and prescription and periodization training.
• This is a un-paid position.
• Interns in the program must work in our corporate headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado or our facility in Tucson, Arizona.
• Interns are expected to work 25 hours per week and participate in training camps as scheduled.
• The Internship length is a 3-6 months in duration.
Residency Program Manager
Carmichael Training Systems
6365 Corporate Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
(Fax # 719.389.0669)