Details and Itinerary
CTS Ironman Lake Placid Training/Recon Camp
Lake Placid, NY
Date: June 8-10 2012
Focus: Ironman Lake Placid-specific training and course reconaissance
Location: Lake Placid, NY
The focus of this camp is a reconnaissance of the Ironman Lake Placid triathlon race course. Gather firsthand knowledge of the course, including all the major climbs and descents, turns and water currents. Learn strategies and skills to help you improve energy conservation optimize fueling and hydration, and get two long days in the saddle in your legs and arms to help you prepare for race conditions. This training camp is designed for beginner to advanced triathletes. With small groups and a high coach-to-athlete ratio, this non-competitive learning environment is designed to accommodate individual learning needs.
Location: Lake Placid, NY
This camp focuses on training for Ironman triathlon distance and will concentrate on tools and techniques for increasing the quality and effectiveness of your training sessions year-round. You will also get insight into the training and racing strategies that helped Craig Alexander and others conserve energy on the bike for their Ironman-winning performances. The camp is two and half days of training and presentations, and is open to athletes of all abilities and experience levels. You will learn the skills needed to produce your best finish at your Ironman race.
The weather during this time of year can vary from 50-85 degrees as a daily high. Chances of rain are very minimal, however come prepared for all weather conditions.
- Entry into the 2012 Ironman Lake Placid Race
- Daily training sessions with Carmichael Training Systems Coaches
- Certified Professional Mechanics
- Complete Ride Support with GU Nutrition and Hydration products
- Training Presentations with CTS Coaches
- Tips and skills to shave minutes – or hours – off of your time
- CTS Jersey or singlet
- 1 dinner, 2 lunches
Customize your Camp:
- Swim video analysis – add $75
Members receive a 5% discount on training camps. (Airfare, Lodging and Transportation not included.)
A non-refundable $750.00 deposit is due at time of registration. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the camp and will be billed automatically. The credit card information used for your deposit will be billed unless otherwise arranged with the CTS accounting department.
If you have to cancel for any reason, your deposit may not be refunded depending on when you cancel. Additional cancellation fees may also apply. If you decide to cancel, your race entry will be forfeited
• 6 business days – 30 calendar days prior: Deposit only
• Within 5 business days of the start of camp: Deposit plus 50% of remaining balance
Carmichael Training Systems reserves the right to cancel a camp. We will do so at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the camp. In this event, you will be issued a full refund. Carmichael Training Systems is not responsible for fees associated with planning your trip, such as airfare. All fees will be applied to the camp for which you are registered. If you have to cancel for any reason, your deposit and all subsequent payments will be applied to the camp for which you have registered and cannot be transferred to an alternate camp. Exceptions to this policy cannot be made for any reason, including weather or personal emergencies.
We recommend you arrive by 4:00 PM on Friday June 8, 2012. You must provide your own transportation to and within town. This includes having transportation to the race start, T1, and T2. The conclusion of the camp will be Sunday June 10, after the swim and Q&A session.
Bike Transport and Assembly:
If you wish to ship your bike, we recommend using Sports Express. They provide door to door pick/up and delivery of your bike. You will need to pack your bike, or have it packed for you, and Sports Express will take care of the rest. Sports Express can be found at www.sportsexpress.com/trainright.
(Please make sure your bike box/case is clearly labeled with your name)
You are responsible for you own lodging at this camp. We list our suggestions for hotels below.
High Peaks Resort
2384 Saranac Ave
Lake Placid, NY 12946
Things to Bring
Items to pack for any of our camps:
- Clean bicycle, tuned and ready to ride
- Jerseys at least 4 (short and or long sleeve)
- Shorts at least 4 pair
- Wind Vest
- Base layer 1 or 2 lightweight
- Rain Jacket
- Arm Warmers
- Cycling gloves short finger
- Cycling Shoes/pedals (carry these with you if traveling by plane)
- Chamois cream
- Small tote or backpack for anything you wish to keep in support vehicles.
- Heart Rate Monitor and/or Power Meter (Power Tap or SRM or other)
- Toiletries for clean up between rides.
- Swim goggles
- Swim suit
- Swim Towel
- Running shoes
- Running shorts
- Running shirts
Items to add just in case.
- Light jacket
- Medium weight jacket
- Long sleeve and/or thermal jersey
- Long finger gloves
- Shoe covers/booties
- Leg or knee warmers or light tights
Other items to consider:
- 12-27 or 12-25 cassette – If you are not accustomed to climbing, are a beginner cyclists or are attending a climbing camp.
- Bottles/mix/food – if you will be arriving before a camp begins or remaining afterward, and wish to ride, please bring what food/drink supplies you will need for your riding.
We will have sport drinks, food, spare tubes/tires, etc in our follow vehicles. Each day we will prepare water bottles for your bike using GU Electrolyte Brew, and will provide you with GU Energy products for use during the camp.
If you have any questions about what to pack or what to look for when purchasing cycling clothing or supplies, please contact us at 866-355-0645.
Ironman Lake Placid Camp
Lake Placid, NY
June 8-10, 2012
||Camp Registration, meet&greet with CTS Coaches
||Dinner Provided by CTS. Location TBD
Meet at Host Hotel
||Depart for Bike Course (riding 70-100% of course)
Lunch and training presentation provided by CTS
||Swim Stroke Analysis
||Dinner provided by CTS, location TBD
||Meet at Host Hotel, training presentation
||Depart for Run Course (run 50-75% of course)
||Lunch provided by CTS
||Swim, Endurance Swim
||Q&A with CTS Coaches, Camp Wrap-up