Mont Blanc Ultrarunning Camp
- Chamonix, France
- Aug 27 - Sep 3, 2017
IS THIS CAMP RIGHT FOR ME?Click to read athlete level descriptions
Day 1 – August 27
Arrive Geneva, Switzerland’s airport. A 90 minute transfer to Chamonix; Europe’s alpine mecca. Once settled into our comfortable hotel we’ll get out for a short run to shake out the legs from travelling.
Day 2 – August 28
Chamonix is a mountain runner’s paradise. Accompanied by a local guide and runner as well as Jason Koop we’ll head out the door for some of the most beautiful views of Mont Blanc running from the Plan de l’Aiguille tunnel to l’Aiguille de Midi an absolute ‘must’. Time and weather permitting we’ll also run over to the Pointe d’Helbronner offering probably the most remarkable view of Mont Blanc.
Day 3 – August 29
Today starts a 3 day run of the Mont Blanc ultra course. We’ll add some variants to really enjoy the views and the better trails. Today’s course is from Chamonix to Courmayeur, Italy where we’ll stay the night enjoying the good alpine life Italian style.
Total miles- 49
Vertical gain/loss- 14829/14304 feet
Day 4 – August 30
Second day of our run around Mont Blanc takes us from Coumayeur to Champex-le-lac, Switzerland where we’ll spend the night.
Total miles- 28.3
Vertical gain/loss- 8720/8530 feet
Day 5 – August 31
Today we finish our loop around Europe’s highest mountain ending in Chamonix. Afternoon at the Mont Blanc salon/village checking out all the cool stuff, relaxing, and enjoying Chamonix filled with trail runners. We will stay the night in Chamonix.
Total miles- 28.1
Vertical gain/loss- 8894/10305 feet
Day 6 – September 1
Today we’ll take it easy with a short mid day run but we want to save energy to watch and follow the front runners of the race. The race starts at 6pm and we’ll follow the race while also getting some sleep.
Day 7 – September 2
We’ll want to get out early to out and watch the pros as they run through the Italian part of the race. Trying to keep up we’ll cruise around in our sag vehicle to see them at the Cold e la Forclaz and once again as they enter the Chamonix valley.
Day 8 – September 3
Transfer to Geneva airport for a mid-morning departure…or an additional day in Geneva visiting the UN, cruising along the lake, and absorbing a most international city.
Additional Details & FAQs
A non-refundable $1000.00 deposit is due at time of registration. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the camp and will be billed automatically. The credit card information used for your deposit will be billed unless otherwise arranged with the CTS accounting department.
Weather around Mont Blanc is notorious for changing in an instant. Please keep track of the weather forecast and bring appropriate clothing. This camp is fully supported with Bonk Breaker hydration and nutrition along with Koop’s secret rice balls. If you require something different, please bring it! Be prepared to run unsupported for up to 3 hours. The following items are a sample list of what you will need
- Trail running shoes (duh)
- Small day bag or drop bag
- Hydration system (handheld bottles or hydration pack). Please be able to carry at least 50 oz
- GPS or training watch
- Light rain jacket
- Long sleeve shirt or arm warmers
August 27th- Sept 3rd 2017
Join CTS Premiere Coach Jason Koop, in Chamonix, France for a 3-day tour of the Ultra Tour Du Mont Blanc course. During this fully supported, all-inclusive camp, athletes will run the entire 106 miles UTMB course over the course of 3 days. Then, follow the race around Mont Blanc with Coach Koop cheering on CTS’ elite athletes such as Dylan Bowman, 2016 Ultrarunner of the Year Kaci Lickteig and 2016 UTMB runner-up Gediminas Grinius. This camp is a great opportunity to see the mountain, experience the race and get an get an insiders look into how some of the best runners in the world compete on the biggest stage.
- See the entire UTMB course and get to enjoy it along the way
- Learn nutrition, hydration and pacing strategies from one of the best coaches in the business
- Pack in the miles and vertical gain during the camp. You will leave tired, but ultimately stronger for your goals
- Get a first hand look at how the elite athletes manage their race preparation and execution
- Instruction from coach Koop and local guides
- All inclusive camp with 2 and 3 star lodging in Chamonix, France, Courmayeur, Italy and Champex-lac, Switzerland.
- Complete on-run nutritional support from Bonk Breaker and Koop’s secret rice balls.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinner. Hearty breakfast at hotel, quality picnic lunches after each ‘stage’ or in a restaurant if bad weather, dinners at primarily at the hotel with a night out or two. Meals adapted for endurance athletes who enjoy quality eating.
- Complete ground transportation during the camp and to/from the Geneva airport (GVA)
- Sore quads by the end of the camp
- A non-refundable $1,000 deposit is due at time of registration. Remainder of balance will be due 30 days before the camp starts.