The pros may not be competing at the USA Pro Challenge this year, but we are keeping the spirit of the race alive with our Official 2016 Best of USA Pro Challenge Race Experience. CTS has been a partner with USA Pro Challenge from the beginning and we’re confident the race will return in 2017. We scoured all previous editions of the race to put together a route that features some of the best climbs and greatest rides Colorado has to offer. We’ll be staying in luxurious accommodations and sharing great meals in Durango, Telluride, Crested Butte, Aspen, Beaver Creek, and Steamboat Springs. And, as always, you’ll be treated to pro-level service from professional coaches, soigneurs, and mechanics.
- 590 miles in 6 epic rides through the Colorado Rockies (maybe we’ll find 10 miles somewhere and go for an even 600!)
- Start in Durango and finish in Steamboat Springs
- Arrive August 13 and depart August 20 (ride August 14-19)
- Ride 90-110 miles per day, with 6500-8500 feet of climbing
- Three ascents over 12,000-foot mountain passes
- Luxury accommodations and daily post-ride massage in Durango, Telluride, Mt. Crested Butte, Aspen, Beaver Creek, and two nights in Steamboat Springs.
- The pro-level support you expect from CTS Coaches and our team of professional mechanics and soigneurs.
- Price: $8500 per rider ($3500 non-refundable deposit due at registration)
We’ll be starting by revisiting stages from the 2012 edition of the race, coming out of Durango and heading over Lizard Head Pass to Telluride. The following day we’ll tackle the gradual ascent and final kick going from Montrose to Mt. Crested Butte. For our third day we will honor the queen stages of the 2011 and 2012 races, climbing over Cottonwood Pass (12,126 feet) and Independence Pass (12,095 feet) on the way to the finish in Aspen. This will also be the last opportunity to climb the very unique Cottonwood Pass before it is tamed by a massive construction project scheduled for 2017. The morning after the queen stage we’re going to recreate the USA Pro Challenge stage Jens Voigt won by climbing back over Independence Pass, through Leadville, and on to a summit finish at Beaver Creek. Stage 4 from the 2013 USA Pro Challenge was one of the most beautiful rides we’ve ever done, so this summer we’ll do it in reverse, from Beaver Creek to Steamboat Springs. And then we’ll finish the week in Steamboat with 2 laps of the scenic and challenging circuit from the opening stage of the 2015 race.
- Ride iconic stages and climbs from the first 5 editions of the USA Pro Challenge with Chris Carmichael and CTS Coaches
- Complete sports nutrition support including products from Bonk Breaker and Carb Boom
- Deluxe accommodations from August 13th-19th.
- All meals from evening of Aug 13th through breakfast on Aug 20th. This includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all camp riding days Aug 14th- Aug 19th.
- Professional mechanic support and daily tune-ups and bike wash
- Full sag support with mechanics. Minimum 2 sag vehicles for our group
- Daily massage (30 minutes)
- Coach to athlete ratio maximum 1:5
- CTS swag bag to include backpack, CTS jersey, and vehicle bag
- Transportation from Durango (DRO) Airport to CTS hotel on 13th Aug
- Transportation to Durango, CO for the start is athlete responsibility
- Shuttle to Denver International Airport upon conclusion of the camp on August 20th
Videos & Photos
“Just a quick note to express my appreciation and sincere ‘Thanks’ to all of you as we experienced the USA Pro Challenge together. Each and every one of you had an impact on what I personally brought back from that week, and I will cherish the memories that were created with you individually and collectively.” – Kurt H.
“What a week… very few things come close to perfect, but being a part of our “Team #17″ pretty much makes it on my list. :-)” – Heidi D.
“I miss our team, it is always this way whenever you are part of something really special. I LOVE MY BIKE! Thanks for making everything so fun, thanks for putting a big smile on my face.” – Bill W.
“Whatta Week! You guys ROCK! Your ability to keep great attitudes day after day is truly something to note. You rode strong and you rode smart. I’m so proud of you all!” – Carlie M. (soigneur)
Date: August 13-20, 2016
CTS has been a partner with USA Pro Challenge from the beginning and we're confident the race will return in 2017, so we worked with the race organization to put on the official 'Best of USA Pro Challenge' luxury cycling camp!