The Absa Cape Epic is an 8-day mountain bike stage race held in the Western Cape, South Africa. This race is one of the longest, toughest mountain bike races on earth. The course changes every year, but typically has a prologue followed by 7 stages which cover over 500 miles with over 50,000 feet of climbing. The distance, climbing, and technical terrain give this race a hors categorie (beyond category) classification by cycling’s international governing body, the UCI. Professionals and amateur racers from all over the world go to Cape Epic to challenge themselves in one of the toughest endurance races on the planet.
In 2017, Carmichael Training Systems will be leading a group of racers though the Cape Epic and handling everything from entry fees, housing, food, ground transportation in South Africa, and all of your off the bike needs during the race. All you have to do is get yourself there and show up ready to race.
The Cape Epic open to professional and amateur racers who are over the age of 19. This is a team event only. Each team consists of 2 people. You may sign up for the CTS Cape Epic event as a team, or if you do not have a teammate we will find you the best match among our applicants.
- Guaranteed race entry in to 2017 Absa Cape Epic mountain bike stage race
- Hotel accommodations from March 17th-March 26th
- Includes early arrival 2 nights prior to race
- Includes 1 night post race
- All meals from evening of March 17th through breakfast on March 27th.
- This includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all days March 18th-March 26th.
- Ground transportation while in South Africa to and from airport and to and from race venue and hotels
- Luggage transport hotel to hotel
- Team mechanic support
- Daily massage (30 minutes)
- Laundry service
- CTS team race kits (2 jerseys, 2 bibs)
- Cape Epic swag – race bag, t-shirt, jacket, hat
- Airfare/ transportation to Cape Town, South Africa